In this Patreon Review, we’ll look at the Patreon Crowdfunding platform and answer the one of the most common questions – “How Does Patreon Work?”.
You see Patreon is a great way to earn extra money if you’re a content creator and don’t like to ‘sell’ products. Or maybe you’re trying to save for some special equipment that’ll enhance your fans experience.
Either way, you can use Patreon Crowdfunding to help you realise your dreams.
Patreon is derived from the English word Patron.
- A person who gives financial or other support to a person, organization, or cause
How Does Patreon Work?
First, you sign-up with Patreon and setup your account.
This basic account allows you to pledge monthly donations to your favorite creators.
However, to make money from Patreon, you’ll need to convert your account and become a creator.
Then you setup your Creator Profile with:-
- Who You Are
- Your Patreon Page
- Your Goals
- Your Rewards
Next, you connect and promote your patreon page on as many social media platforms as you can.
Finally, you’ll want to tell your fans about your Patreon Page and how pledging will benefit them.
Pledges usually start from a $1/mth and go as high as your reward ideas allow.
Let’s take a look at the Patreon Review video to learn ‘How Does Patreon Work…
Patreon crowdfunding is a great way help pay your bills while you’re following your dreams as a creator. And as long as you’re creating, your raving fans will be happy to keep contributing.
The secret to Patreon Crowdfunding is making your rewards unique and desirable.
You can’t hold your fans to ransom, suggesting you won’t produce content again unless you reach your goals because they won’t buy into it, and you’ll likely lose fans.
Rather you want to set up a rewards structure that encourages the pledges.
Here are some good ideas to make your Patreon Rewards remarkable:-
- Early Access – Giving early access to your content is a great reward for raving fans who can’t get enough of your content.
- Personalised Message – Again raving fans like the feeling that it’s just you and them. Send them something personalised.
- Shout Out – Perhaps offer a simple shout out at the end of your video’s or in the credits.
- Inside Jokes – Maybe you have inside jokes you can share or maybe give them access to your bloopers reel.
- Send a Gift – Who doesn’t like to receive gifts. Print t-shirts with your logo or designs or even just send a small gift in the mail.
- Skype Calls – Yep, even an hour on Skype or a Google Hangout is a fair reward.
But, most of all you’ll want to be creative. You can even ask your fans for suggestions if you’re stuck for ideas.
And once you’ve set up your profile and Patreon Page, you must remember to share it on as many platforms as you can.
Then don’t be afraid to ask for their patronage.
Patreon Crowdfunding can be a really easy way to help fund your dreams as a creator. And sure you’ll need to spend a little time nurturing your audience, but it’s likely you’re already doing this anyway.
However, you’ll want to focus on building your audience first as you’d be lucky to get more than a 1% sign-up rate, so the more fans you already have the quicker your Patreon Goal will be reached.
Potential Earnings: 8-MONEYBAGS
You could definitely earn a full time living from Patreon CrowdFunding.
Time Required: 2.5+ Hours
Thanks for taking the time to read this Patreon Review and if you have any questions, come and find me on Twitter @365waysto and I’ll see if I can help. Otherwise, take a look around and discover some of the best ways to make money online.