Yes, anyone with the right equipment and a unique voice can try their hand at voice acting. And despite being a tough industry to enter for many years, Voice Over Acting is becoming more accessible to the general public who fancy themselves as voice actors.
The barriers to entry for voice over actors have certainly been lowered, but this also increases the competition and lowers the pay rate.
However, if you’re just trying to make a little money on the side, then voice acting might be perfect for you.
What is VoiceBunny?
VoiceBunny is a crowdsourced voice acting service that was established in 2012. Since then VoiceBunny has delivered over 100,000 voiceover gigs and has provided work for ordinary people wishing to become a voice over actors.
The founders envisioned the service was one that could fulfill voice over projects quickly and easily using software algorithms that could identify the best voices from their talent pool for each project.
The software algorithm was also designed to give a fair go to all aspiring and established voice actors to grow their professional careers within this industry.
How Does VoiceBunny Work?
For Clients: Just tell VoiceBunny what your project is and what you need recording and VoiceBunny will tell you what it costs and how long it will take. If you agree to the terms you can select the voice actor yourself or let VoiceBunny choose it for you.
As a Voice Bunny client, you can decide on three methods to find the perfect Voice Actor.
- Browse and Book – Look through the
- Run a Contest
- Speedy Service
See the VoiceBunny website for Indicative Pricing.
For Voice Over Artists: If you want to work as a voice actor then you’ll first need to set yourself up with a little recording equipment as described below.
Then practice, practice, practice. (see tips below)
You only get one shot to impress VoiceBunny, so you’ll want to make it count.
When you feel you’re ready then head on over to the sign-up page.
Then you’ll be guided through the following sign-up process.
- Fill out a short Survey
- VoiceBunny Reviews your answers
- Submit a Test Voice Over
- Voice Bunny Reviews your work
- You get a Welcome Email if successful
- Sign Electronic Agreement
- Start Taking Assignments
And remember, VoiceBunny are looking for voice over actors that have the following attributes.
Keep these in mind while completing the Sign-Up Process.
Let’s take a look at the Voice Bunny review video…
How to Become a Voice Over Actor
And with companies like VoiceBunny, you no longer need to have the network or contacts in this established industry, but rather you can let VoiceBunny find the work for you.
First, you’ll need to be accepted as a voice actor in VoiceBunnies ever increasing pool of talent. And only the best will be accepted in this competitive market.
But the good news is, VoiceBunny has a worldwide clientele so they continually accept new voice actors from around the world.
Have you got what it takes to be a voice actor?
Check out some of the voice acting examples on Voice Bunny. You might be surprised how normal these people sound.
Voice Acting Tips
- Speak Clearly – It’s unlikely you’ll get a voice acting gig, requiring a muffled voice, so make sure you work on your pronunciation and speak clearly during your recording. And don’t be afraid to ask how a client wants particular words to be pronounced.
- Speak with Confidence – Clients are looking for voice actors to represent them and their business and successful businesses are always confident about the products they sell.
- Warm-Up – Start each morning with your warm-ups. Stretch your facial muscles. Go through your progressions. Do your lip rolls. Hum. Relax your neck muscles. And do your breathing exercises.
- Look after your voice – Your voice is what makes you unique in this industry, so make sure you get plenty of rest before doing voice-over work and avoid those late night drinking sessions before a big project.
- Practice – Practice makes perfect and practice will also help to strengthen your vocal cords.
- Be Yourself – It’s easier to just be yourself, rather than experimenting with different voices. Unless you can master a quirky cartoon styled voice, it’s best to leave it up to the professionals.
What equipment do you need to be a Voice Over Actor
- Quality Microphone – The quality of microphone absolutely will make the difference for your recording. Typically you get what you pay for, so buy the best you can afford.
- Audio Mixer – The audio inputs on a computer aren’t designed for high-end voice recordings, so it’s best to pre-mix your voice through an audio mixer.
- Pop filter – And don’t forget about a pop filter, to smooth out your voice.
- Recording Software – Use a Free Open Source Recording Software like Audacity.
- A Quiet Space – The room in which you do your recording can make or break your voice acting career, so make sure to choose a quiet room that’s suitable. Carpets and foam baffles help to minimize the amount of echo in a sound recording room. Do the best you can with what you’ve got.
How Much do Voice over artists make?
Professional voice over artists can make thousands of dollars doing voice-over work, when working for big productions and movies, but for smaller gigs you can expect between $30-$100 per gig.
And the best thing about VoiceBunny is they let you set your rate and then they add their commission on top. This means you don’t have to get out of bed for anything less than you’re worth.
However, lying in bed won’t get you the experience and exposure you’ll need to become a professional voice actor, will it?
Sometimes, taking the smaller gigs can lead to more work. It’s strange how the universe works in this way.
If you’re ready to become a Voice Over Actor, then head on over to the VoiceBunny Sign-Up page.
VoiceBunny Affiliate Program
If you didn’t make the grade to become a voice over actor or you much prefer finding clients than doing the work then, you should take a look at the VoiceBunny Affiliate Program.
The Voice Bunny Affiliate Program pays you 50% of the money your prospect pays for voice over work they purchase, up to a $100USD limit.
That’s not bad money if you know where to find new prospects, is it?
Tip: LinkedIn and Advertising Industry Forums might be a good place to find new VoiceBunny clients.
In this VoiceBunny Review, we’ve learned that Voice Bunny has delivered over 100,000 voice acting gigs since launch and has made voice acting available to many small businesses who would have normally considered a voice actor to be cost prohibitive.
And lowering the cost can sometimes help increase the overall size of the industry as we’ve seen with VoiceBunny.
So if you’re thinking of voice acting then start with Voice Bunny as the experience you gain will be invaluable, and it might set you up for greater things.
Although, the talent pool seems large, so don’t expect to replace your day job anytime soon. However, a little extra money on the side is always nice.
And if you fail at Voice Acting then just look for an opportunity to sell their services and earn a healthy affiliate commission.
Potential Earnings: 7-MONEYBAGS
Time Required: 2+hours
Thanks for taking the time to read this VoiceBunny Review and if you have any questions, come and find me on Twitter @365waysto and I’ll see if I can help. Otherwise, take a look around and discover some of the best ways to make money online.